“What smartphone do you use?” It has become a common question of today’s youths to know how updated you are. However, the actual lifeblood of these so called high-end mobiles is its apps.
The iPhone has always remained the Holy Grail for the limited-budget buyers. Android has used this opportunity to rule the market. You will get abundance of Free Android Apps in Google Play store of android and above all, everyone can find the best matching app here.
But, do they develop android apps just for fun? What is the purpose behind investing so much time, effort and money for distributing Free Android Apps? Well, (mostly) it’s not a charity. They have long term business plan.
What kind of business plans do they use?
It may vary from one to another. However, mostly they follow three basic strategies and both of these are highly successful.
1. They develop android app and upload a Trial version in the Google Play Store. People use it and if feels it useful, they purchase the paid version.
2. Often they upload the app and keep a few of the most attractive features blocked. The user needs to pay to unlock the features.
3. The third option is to distribute the app without any charge. But, the user has to allow running some advertisements on the app pages. It might be bothering for some users and on that case, they always can upgrade the app to a paid version. Even if the user doesn’t upgrade, you can get a handsome amount from the advertisers.
What is the most profitable among these options?
It depends. All can be highly profitable in some certain kind of apps, like ‘Once Upon A Child’ or when you fulfill some certain criteria. Here are the most important points you must keep in mind:
• Be sure before you plan to develop android app, it’s truly useful for most of your users. If it’s targeted to a particular category of people, no doubt, a major part of the users won’t download it.
• Make it simple to use, engaging and above all bug free. Remember, one negative feedback will absorb several good feedbacks which can decrease the number of downloads drastically. So, overcome the Top Challenges of Android Development and make a really useful one.
• If you want to get advertisements, the app must have to be popular. Make it viral in social sites and follow other promotional ways. I don’t think you need a paid promotion, if it’s a truly useful app/game.
• Attach full details with the app while uploading the app to the Play-Store. You also should mention what kind of hardware will be required to use the app.
No matter, you are an android app development company, a website designing company, a business owner, or simply a freelance developer, you can follow these system to earn a good money. Try it and share your thoughts.